Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A sad aspect of today.

I had to throw out 3/4ths of all of my orchids today. One orchid I bought at an auction last year infected two rows of my plants with scale. I fought the good fight, but ultimately lost. I threw out over 10 plants, and at rates of $25-30 USD per plant....*shudders*. Some of those plants I have had since I moved here from Orlando 2.5 yrs ago. I am so very sad. I learned my lesson the hard way. Inspect every plant thoroughly before purchase, isolate/quarantine each new plant when you bring it home for at least 3 months, and for heavens sake, routinely look over your plants for signs/symptoms of something amiss. My plants used to be in my bedroom before I married, and now have a grow-room of their own, which lead to a bit of neglect on my part.
Learn from me, a mourn a little for my babies that are currently in the trash bin . Pots, saucers, medium, plants. All in the trash.

What a waste....R.I.P, my dears.

0 comments: