Saturday, January 3, 2009

"Confronting your limits is no fun, and I have a bad habit of wasting time and energy beating up on myself for not being instantly and naturally talented at everything I try."

I was reading the Athleta Chi blog, perusing a story by Shannon Mullen when I ran across this sentence. This, this is something that has been plaguing me for years. I stopped, stuck my something that I have not been able to put in words myself. All my life l I would rather fail at something than actually try it and do poorly. I didn't fail because I couldn't do it, but because I simply didn't do it at all. That is no way to live my life, in fear of not being perfect. It is incredibly unrealistic, no one is perfect the first try. I am adding this to my goal list for 2009, as something to work on in my personal life.

Expect to see more goal posts as I discover additional items that I need to work on in my life.

0 comments: