Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Crafting in the New Year

Hello everyone! Life has been going great here in 2008. The sewing machine has been humming, the knitting needles clanking, and the oven working in overtime! My good buddy Becca came pver last weekend and we started sewing skirts from AmyB's awesome Barcelona Skirt. I cut out the A-line, and Becs is trying her hand at the Apron Overlay. We had so much fun shopping for fabric at The Sewing Center. Is it a bad sign when one of the owners knows you by name? Hee! I had almost more fun helping Becca pick out her fabrics that I did my own. (I guess that is why I am QueenEnabler!) This weekend she is coming over and we are finishing them both.

In my knitting world I am currently knitting on my Blue Sky Alpaca Reversible Hat. I am almost to the start of the decreases. Yummy and squishy! I am taking a break from my claret cardi so that I can focus on an upcoming baby knit!!! My good friends the Whites are expecting their first in February, and I want to craft some goodies for them. I am planning some Last Minute Knitted Gifts baby booties, and some custom Onesies. In fact, I should get cracking on that right now....

0 comments: