Saturday, November 15, 2008

A productive, albeit hectic week

So, this week Phillip and I made the commitment to do a bit of exercise every day. We are planning a weeklong snowboarding trip in the beginning of February, and we are cross-training so we can seriously tear up the slopes. We have been alternating power and endurance days, with two days off during the week to recover. I am already seeing a difference in the way my clothes fit and in my overall health. I have more energy, my mood is better, and I just have this glow of well-being and contentment that is simply wonderful. I am motivated beyond belief, and Phillip is so proud of me. Tonight I ran for a solid mile, and I could have gone farther, but Phillip wisely advised me (teehee) to pace myself. I have not run a purpousful mile since high school. Sure, I run way more than that playing Ultimate, but I get many breaks and that is more stop/start than continuous running. I have always hated running with a passion, but I loved it tonight and I really am looking forward to my next run. I want to go farther and see if I can go past my prior stopping point. I aim to misbehave on the slopes this year, and I think 2009 will be one of my best yet.

0 comments: