Monday, July 23, 2007

What a month it has been

So July has turned out to be one heck of a month. Between exhausting myself at work, and searching for a new job, I have not been blogging like I have wanted to. Granted, I have kept up with all of you, (NotScarlett...Stamp!) and have missed all of the crafty-talk we share

I started and finished the Swing Bag by Amy Butler in my favorite Gothic Rose (photo to come Thursday, when I get my camera connector back!) I love this pattern, and have gotten more compliments on this bag than on any of my store-bought handbags. I an so ready to tackle the Cabo Halter I stashed away in my fabric drawer. I also am planning a quilt, but I am very intimidated by the prospect at this juncture in time. I don't know why I am so scared to start this quilt. Meh, we shall see who triumphs!

On the knitting front, I have started the Retro Redux Shrug from Lace Style. I lovelovelove my yarn choice. Cascade "cloud 9" is soft, a bit fuzzy, and feels so wonderful against the skin. I am reminded of one of my favorite sweater I wore in high school. I had this angora cardigan made out of forest green yarn. I would wear this sweater everyday if I could, and one of my classmates, Stopher Harrison, would call it my "fuzzy green gorilla sweater". Why? Who the heck knows, but I think he thought I would take offence. Sorry Stophy, never happened. Even back then I could appreciate the naming of knits. :)
I have also started on the Puffed-Sleeved Cardigan from Fitted Knits (which you can buy together with Lace style for $32.10 USD!!!!!!!!) I am using Cascade 220 in a beautiful red-burgundy-claret color. In fact, I am calling this my Claret Cardigan. I kicked some cardigan ass while watching Pride and Prejudice (A&E version) but I screwed up somewhere in my stitch count. I noticed the error somewhere in the sleeve increases, and after flinging it across my living room, I just need to riiiip back to the start of the stockingette portion and go from there. Arrgh!

Pictures, once again, to come when I get my camera connector back, I left it over at a friends house.

Happy crafting!

0 comments: